Monday, July 30, 2012

Mar 4th, 2012 - letter to Priests quorum

Hey Brian Stauffer asked for me to write him a letter to for him and priest qurom and I don't have tons of time to write, because I am getting all packed, so if you could print this off and give it to him the next time you see him that would be great.
 
Well where to start. First of all thanks for letter and the Batman, I will make sure to keep it with me. It means a lot what you said to me in the letter, and I want to let you know you have been and amazing example in my life. So here is the stuff for the priest quorom. The biggest advice I can give them is to make sure they pay attention in seminary when it comes to reading the scriptures. It has been amazing how much I have used the stuff I learned in there, and I still wish I could have learned more and memorized more especially with Scripture masteries. They have helped a ton. Also before you guys get out here make sure to have studied preach my gospel, especially chapter 3 which covers the lessons you teach investigators. The day after you get here you will be teaching them, so make sure you study them. Also make sure you don't have any addictions to your Cell phones of Ipods, or Girl Friends. I have seen tons of kids leave because of these issues. We had one Elder who made it a day and then left because he couldn't let go of those things. If it were me I would give them up 3 weeks in advance. That is how long it takes to break a habbit, I am grateful that my Dad asked me to give him my Ipod 3 weeks before. Best descision to give it up. Also know where ever you are called to serve, that is where the Lord wants you to be. Don't go in thinking that you wish you could go some where cool. The lord has prepared the people for you since they were born. I have had several instances where I have come to a realization that Indiana is the best place for me. I am excited to get out there and help the people of Indiana. In just 3 weeks I have learned so many things from the MTC. The one advice on the MTC is go slow on the food. A lot of it I don't think is real and messes up your digestive system, it is the worst gas of your life. So slow down on it, also after eating it for 2 weeks straight you will get sick of it. So slow down on it. I don't have tons of time to write because we have to pack up, because I am leaving here on Tuesday early morning. I hope you will all write to me and you are all amazing. Listen to your leaders.
 
 
 
Love Elder Elquist

No comments:

Post a Comment