Monday, July 30, 2012

Apr 2, 2012

Well I hope all is going well for everyone. I am doing great and I am loving it out here and and am constantly saying to myself I am glad I made the decision to serve and come out and share the gospel with others. I hope all of you listened to the talk yesterday and will write me......JK. I know you guys are really busy with life and other things. I appreciate getting emails from you all and being able to see how things back home are going. It is great to read your emails and take a break for a hour or so. I am glad that I am able to be out here right now. People are opening up to the gospel more and more. The people who don't listen to us or anything it is sad to see how unhappy there life's are right now and watch them stay in it, when I know how much the gospel can bless people and make them happy. I am constantly amazed at how much of a difference you can see in peoples life when they follow the commandments and follow Christ example he set for us. You truly are happier when you serve others. I have also found out that there are tons of different types of things you can do with ramen noodles. The main thing out here for missionaries to do is Make a Tongan Pancake. When I get back I will have to make each of you one. It is probably not the healthiest of things to make but it is pretty good. I have also been told you can make sandwiches out of them and other things like that. I am looking forward to trying many different things with them. Also I have learned to like several new things such as sour cream and whip cream. We have members feed us a ton out here and you just have to eat what ever they give you mostly it is really good and you learn you like a new thing. I have learned to eat several different types of pie; Cherry and Banana. It has been quite fun and I look forward to being able to share tons of stories with all of you when I get back, hopefully you will enjoy them. I am currently trying to implement hoosier words into my vocab such as a couple three, sweeper, warsh, minute ( apparently a minute is used for any amount of time.) I hope all of you are doing well and I love you all tons.

Love
Elder Elquist

No comments:

Post a Comment