Monday, July 30, 2012

Feb. 29th, 2012

Hey it was great to get your letter the other day I hope all is going well with you. Well where to start. I am heading out of here on the the 6th. I leave for the airport at 4am. So it is pretty early but hey, I don't even get to Indiana untill almost 5. I hope all is well with every one. I am going to try to send out a bunch of letters here in the next few days before I leave so that you all get responses. I have appreciated the packages and letters letting me know how everything is going. I probably won't be able to email again untill the 13th of march due to me missing P'day next week because I won't be here. But I will make sure to email you all when I do get back on. If you guys want to you can respond to me through dear elder and then I will get it here in a day or two, and then be able to send out a response. Once I get out to Indiana it probably will be best for everyone to just start emailing me. I will be able to email for a hour on P'days out in the field. So last night at the Tuesday night Devotional Elder Holland spoke to us all which was way amazing. The spirit once he walked in the door was amazing. I have really appreciated the home cooked goods from Grandma and Jason, the food here sucks. It does a lot of weird things to your digestive system to say the least horrible runs and amazing gas. I would love to hear how everyone is doing through out my mission, so please keep me up to date. I hope all of you know that I love you and hope that you guys are doing amazing. Emily I think you need to move to a different room that doesn't get flooded. So Dad what plumming are you having redone? My Room didn't flood again did it? Well if it did I don't have to clean it up so it is all good. So cool spiritual experience for the week. This past Monday, we were in a evening workshop and it was a good workshop and learned a bit from it, but afterwards My companion and I and 2 other elders from my district were sitting around talking and he came up and was talking to us, and he asked all of us a very unique question that I have never been asked. He asked us What was are beliefs foundation, I don't want any sunday school answers and we really had to think about it for a minute. So I want to know from you guys what is your foundation? Mine is the saviors mercy. It amazes me how stupid we all can be and still end up making it to the celestial kingdom. Count less times we fall and there is always some one there picking us up. I have a book at home called the Race (P.S. can you look on my bookshelf and find it and send it to me?) This boy is running a race and he keeps going to quick and falling down and always he hears a voice saying "Pick yourself up and go back to work" We all mess up in life and no matter how many times you fall the Savior is always there saying Pick yourself back up and get back to work. He is always there for us no matter what we do, he is always there when we need us to give us strength and no matter how many times we turn are backs on Him and our Heavenly Father, they are always there for us, not matter what we do. I know this church is true and that the Savior lives and that being on a mission is the right place for me to be and that no matter how many times I fall, the Savior is always there for me. I hope all of you are doing well and I love you all, and miss you guys.
 
 
Love Elder Braden Elquist
 
P.S. Mom I will be able to call from the Denver Airport around 9:15am.
P.P.S Thanks Charlotte for the 5 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment