Monday, January 5, 2015

Elder Jason Elquist, January 5th, 2015

Man, I have been a slacker!  Jason is doing great.  He is now serving in Temecula, with Elder Guerrero.  He sounded and looked great when we were able to Skype with him over Christmas.  Here are a few of his updates:

December 12th:
We manage to pick up a new investigator and then drop the new investigator. So, what happen was we were biking around a neighborhood going to a less activite member house and then this guy stop us and ask for a book of mormon and we start talking and we set up a return appointment with this guy for the next day. So, we show up and the guy invities us in and we starting talking and he went to grab a book and the book was an anti mormon book. My companion and I saw it and pretend not to let that bug us. we start the lesson off with a pray and after the pray the guy made fun of pray and told us how he is an athesis. we taught him the restoration and after that he made fun of us some more and then read some stuff to us proof how we are wrong the funny thing is that all the stuff he read to us was false and he told us how The mormon reliegion believe that when a black person getts baptize that their skin becomes white. so after that I decide that it was time for us to leave because I really thought this guys was not going to let us leave untill we say that there is no god. So that was fun. 

December 24th:
Merry Christmas and Always have the spirit of Christmas in your live no matter what season it is because if you drop the mas it is the spirit of Christ. 

December 29th:
Sup Bros,

Nothing new has happen to me but I got yelled at by an old lady for 30 mintues last week about offering her a card about how Jesus was the first gift of Christmas. I am just happy she didn't have a heart attack. I found out that she was athesit and she didn't like how a lot of religons do not accept homosexuals  to get married. Also I am getting Transferred and I have no clue were I am getting Transferred because this mission tells everyone who is getting transferred to go to a big meeting and then they find out where they are getting Trasnfers so that will be fun and Good learning experience.

January 5th:
Hey Guys,

I am now serving in The Temecula ward in Temecula. My first day in this area and we were teaching a new investigator and she said she will get baptize on the 24 which is way nice and we currectly have 9 investigators that we are teaching. My mission presdint told me that I could practice ASL and use it which will be fun. It also snow here and it is really cooled when it comes to running. I didn't think I would see snow on my mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment