Monday, November 17, 2014

Elder Jason Elquist, November 17th, 2014

In The Book of Mormon, 1st Nephi, there is this a well known scripture that everyone knows and could quote. It is "And my father dwelt in a tent".   I wanted to know why that verse is in there and why Nephi would write it in there. So I was thinking about what was happening in the scriptures at that point and Nephi and his family were just about to get the to the land Bountiful. Nephi and his family where about a few months away from the promised land.

Lehi was a prophet and he was suffering from hunger, thirst, and he was only sleeping in a tent.  A prophet of God was suffering but he had faith that he was going to get to the promised land. In our everyday life we all will go through hard times and if you are like me some times you will say that God does not care about you but that is wrong to do. If you have faith, Heavenly Father will make the hard times become the times on which we build our foundation. In Ether 12:27 the Lord says if men come unto Him, He will make their weak things become strong. I just wanted to encourage you all if you are going through a hard time keep going because soon you will be in your own promised land. I love you guys a lot.

-- 
Love,
Elder Elquist (Jason)

ps. I broke two of my front teeth last p-day playing lacrosse and someone hit me with a stick.




No comments:

Post a Comment