Monday, October 27, 2014

Elder Jason Elquist, October 27th, 2014

Hey guys,

So I crashed 3 times on my bike this week and 2 of those times I totally ate crap. One time I ran into a handicap sign and bent it.  The other time I ran into a curb but I saved myself from eating crap. The third time I was riding down this grass hill and I hit this pot hole and I went flying off my bike. I ruined one of my white shirts but my bike is OK. 

The mission is hard and a lot of the time I crawl into my bed, but I would not want to change anything about it, because I know that I am doing the Lord's work.  Even if I am not baptizing people or teaching a lot of people. A lot of the time I am just planting seeds for other missionaries to come and harvest at a later time. Everything I have is because of the Lord and how He has blessed me. My mission is not at all mine, because it is Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christs mission and they are just allowing me to help them because they want me to learn and to grow. 

One of the many lessons that I have learned is patience.  A lot of the time we as humans want it now and a lot of the time it is a righteous want but it is not what Heavenly Father wants right then and that is hard for us. We want everything to happen when we want it to, but once you turn it over to Lord it will happen and it will be even better than when you thought it could because you get it and you also get other blessings. Love you guys.

Love, Elder Elquist

No comments:

Post a Comment