Monday, October 14, 2013

Braden's Update for October 14th, 2013

How is everyone doing this fine October morning, I am sure you are all loving it, I am sure loving it, so in other news transfer calls came and I am staying for at least another 6 weeks, so it should be a fun 6 weeks. I can't wait to see what it brings.
So the random thought of the day is just about life. One scripture I have been thinking a lot about is John 14:27. "Peace I leave with you, My Peace I give unto you; Not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid." The reason I have been thinking about this a lot is because, when life seems hard, stressful, tons to worry about, dark clouds hang over you, the Lord has given us this promise. That he would give us peace. Not world peace or things like that, but he would give us personal peace, peace to deal with what lays ahead of us, peace to handle the world. He is always there for us and will always come through on His end. So trust in the Lord and let nothing waver.

Love
Elder Elquist

a few excerpts from Braden's email to me (Mike):

"So Transfer calls came and I will staying here another 6 weeks with my current companion, so that will be a total of 4 and a half months with him, my guess is I will stay here the rest of my mission and die off here. Which I would be happy with, I enjoy being here and it is a awesome area with tons of people to talk with and it makes it a ton of fun. We are pretty much in a humble area and it makes it a ton of fun to be able to talk with tons of people and they always are willing to listen to improve there life's. They have been humbled and are willing to learn.

So This past Monday nothing to exciting happened we saw a recent convert and his sister and were able to teach them, she is doing well, she is reading and progressing well to baptism and confirmation, so we will have to see how that goes. Then Tuesday we got to see them again and also saw some of are other investigators and so that was good. Nothing to exciting that day either. Wednesday we went to district meeting in Spanish land and got to see a lot of cool stuff happening there with them so that is always good to see happen. So Thursday was an average day, really nothing to exciting happened until Friday and that is where the fun stuff started happening and we had interesting experiences starting to happen.
So Friday, this was the super bad part, I had to eat SeaFood. I have had to eat fish before but not to this extent. We had Crab, Lobster, Shrimp and other things. Let's just say that I am not a fan of fish or seafood of any kind. So I just want to say that. To make matters worst the members just keep giving it to us, I thought I was going to be sick, the cool things was watching the member crack and get the meat out of the shells. I honestly believe people take so much time to get so little meat out of it. It seems like a waste of time, doing all that work for such little meat. Just saying.
Saturday we went on exchanges with the Eaton elders and that was a lot of fun as we had tons of zone leader crap to get done that day and even though we were at the computer typing up reports and stuff for a meeting on Sunday we still found 1 new investigator and taught several lessons.
So Sunday was a fun day, it was fast Sunday so we were fasting and fasted from 7pm the night before to 8pm Sunday night. We had a meeting with the Stake president and Mission President starting at 4 and ending at 8. We had to leave at 3:30 and had appointments from the end of church at 1 to then. So that made it a fun day. Needless to say I know what it is like to fast for a full 24 hours. Lots of fun.
So yeah that was pretty much it for my, week. I don't really know anything else to say as of right now. Lot of fun happening here, it is scary that tomorrow is my 20 month mark, where did the time go. It feels like I just got here to the mission field yesterday."

No comments:

Post a Comment