Monday, September 9, 2013

Well what to tell what to tell. I can't think of anything to groundbreaking today. It is sunny here today if that is ground breaking. It has actually been really nice weather here for the summer though. So yeah nothing exciting. So for my random spiritual thought for this week, what oh what to tell. Okay so here is one thing that I have been pondering on. Faith and Works. Do we need both one but not the other or what. So as I have pondered a lot about this it is pretty interesting, we need both. Faith is a verb not just a belief. When we have faith it makes us work. In James 2: 18-20 it says:
 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
So the thing that stands out to me, is in verse 19. The devils also believe there is a God, and fear him. So what set's them apart from us, WORKS. You have to have both. So yeah that is just my thought, think about that, the Devil believes in God and Jesus Christ. He does or else he wouldn't be trying to knock us off the course of getting back to him. So what set's us apart. So yeah random thought for the day. It is always interesting thinking through things like that. But let's do some works, act on your faith. Read, Pray, Go to Church, and live like Christ would have us live.
I hope you all are doing well, love you all.

Love
Elder Elquist

 

No comments:

Post a Comment